Thursday 1 August 2013

Asian dramas you should watch now!! *Part 3* The Hanazakari No Kimitachi E series~

Hello sunshines,
I'm back with another Asian Drama series post. This one is going to be on the three versions on the drama adaptions of Hanazakari no kimitachi e also known as Hana Kimi. 
Plot: The story line is about a girl that moves from the States to Japan in order to help a High Jump athlete return to the field. In order to do that though she disguises herself as a guy and enters an all boy academy. The following dramas have different adaptions to the anime/manga.

1) Hanazakari no kimitachi e (original)
This is probably my favorite adaption. I'm a fan of most of the actors that were used for the show so I guess that plays a big role for me.  I've watched this series twice and as I mentioned before I hate watching series again since I already know what happens, but I really like this one, so I watched it again. In this version of the drama, Osaka Gakuen is in it's prime and everything is good. I preferred the actors in this drama for some reason *cough Hiro Mizushima cough* as well as at first glance I thought I liked the original version but I'm not so sure anymore. Amazing drama 10/10 ^^

2) Hanazakari no kimitachi e 2011
This one I found ok... I'm not sure why though. The plot was very different to the original. Of course they kept the necessary parts (disguising as a boy, love triangle etc etc). They made the school run down, and that it was going to close in 3 months time. Also they kind of changed the chemistry between the characters compared to the original. I think that maybe the over-all reason why I didn't like it as much is because I kept comparing it to the original Hana Kimi. They obviously had to make drastic changes in order to not make it the same. But once I stopped comparing it to the original I really did enjoy it! I definitely liked the ending more. It seemed more dramatic and nice. So Hana Kimi 2, 9.5/10. Highly recommend it!

3) To the beautiful you
This is the Korean adaption to the Hana Kimi series. In all honesty, I think I enjoyed this the most. You would think after watching relatively the same story line twice you wouldn't want to see the third one. But I actually liked this one a lot. They incorporated parts from both of the Japanese versions and incorporated new things also. I was upset about a few things though... They left out Kayashima :(. He was probably my favorite character. Also they didn't really emphasize the other characters like they did in the other Hana Kimi's. They only really emphasized on Jae Hee(Ashiya), Eun Gyeol(Nakatsu) and Tae Joon (Sano). The reason why I didn't like it is because it didn't really create a bond between JaeHee and the other characters so I felt that the goodbye was lacking compare to the other Hana Kimis. So I was pretty bummed out about that.The re-uniting in the end reminded me of Hana Kimi Remake. Over all really nice drama 9/10.

This is a basic problem I have with most Asian dramas or in general movies and series. Why doesn't the girl end up liking the other guy?! I mean, come on! The other guy almost always seem to go to the end of the world for her, but nooo!! She always falls for the guy that she initially liked. That doesn't always happen. In fact the other guy always seems to be the one that is there when there are problems and in real life you usually end up liking the person you know will be there for you. Not the one that makes you feel like crap when you try to help them. The only dramas I think I didn't really see the whole likes the other guy in the end was Dream High (was I the only one? :/ )and of course reply 1997. You thought you knew but then they completely mind fucked you. It was a nice twist. It's kind of annoying when from the start you know who is going to end up with. Ughhhh!! Another thing, why does it seem like Korean Dramas have very bad kissers? I mean seriously?! It looks emotionless, and I'm not being funny but if you're kissing someone that you like you at least try to kiss them with tongue. I don't necessarily want to see them trying to choke each other with their tongues but a bit of a emotional passionate kiss won't kill anyone! Double Ughhhh!

Anyway, that's all for this weeks post, I'll try and do another post next week, but I will be flying out to Muskat on Sunday so I will be busy for the next few days so not sure if I will have time
Amyxx

No comments:

Post a Comment